Self Defense Classes for Women
2023-REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Saturday, October 7, 8:30-10AM
WHERE Isle of Palms Recreation Center, Hi/Lo Tide Room
WHAT City of Isle of Palms Recreation Department is teaming up with Stile Drewry, Owner, and Chief Instructor at Mount Pleasant Family Martial Arts, to host a series of Self-Defense for Women classes 2023-24.
Originally from Virginia, Mr. Drewry experience includes:
• 3rd Degree Black Belt in American Freestyle
• 5 years in Law Enforcement
• Defensive Tactics Instructor for the Department of Criminal Justice
• 20+ years in martial arts
• Degree in Occupational Science
• Certified Strategic Intervention Coach
Mr. Drewry shared that the “IOP Self-Defense for Women series of classes will be based on a law enforcement approach, and it will cover everything from knee and elbow strikes to escaping a grab.”
According to Karrie Ferrell, Recreation Director, the goal is to expand this program over the next few years to include Self-Defense for Men and Families. With high demand, the series will continue in the Fall of 2024.
Visit the Recreation Department page for more details and to register.